It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.”
National Human Trafficking Hotline 1 (888) 373-7888 | Polaris BeFree Textline Text “BeFree” (233733)
Polaris Project estimates that the total number of victims nationally reaches into the hundreds of thousands when estimates of both adults and minors and sex trafficking and labor trafficking are aggregated.
- The International Labor Organization estimates that forced labor and human trafficking is a $150 billion industry worldwide.
- The U.S. Department of Labor has identified 136 goods from 74 countries made by forced and child labor.
- In 2015, an estimated 1 out of 5 endangered runaways reported to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children were likely child sex trafficking victims.
- Of those, 74% were in the care of social services or foster care when they ran.
STATISTICS FROM THE NATIONAL HUMAN TRAFFICKING RESOURCE CENTER (NHTRC) HOTLINE AND POLARIS BEFREE TEXTLINE
- More than 21,000 total cases of human traffickinghave been reported to the NHTRC hotline in the last eight years.
- The NHTRC hotline annually receives multiple reports of human trafficking cases in each of the 50 states and D.C. Read more NHTRC hotline statistics here.
- The number of human trafficking cases that Polaris learns about in the U.S. increases every year. Review our 2015 statistics fact sheet here.
- 23% of texting conversations on the Polaris BeFree Textline were from survivors of human trafficking compared to 11% of phone calls on the NHTRC hotline. Read Polaris BeFree Textline statistics here.
- The NHTRC hotline receives an average of 100 calls per day. Read stories of survivors who called the hotline for help.
WE ARE CALLED TO RESPOND TO THE GOSPEL AND ONE WAY WE CAN DO THAT AND SHOW THAT WE ARE FAITHFUL IS BY HELPING STOP HUMAN TRAFFICKING AND BY HELPING RESTORE VICTIMS OF TRAFFICKING.
Here are a number of ways you can help contribute to the fight against human trafficking:
- Donate to the beLydia movement so we can raise awareness and help anti-trafficking ministries like The Refuge Ranch for DMST. Every single dollar of profit will go towards helping raise awareness through beLydia Gatherings as well as helping anti-trafficking ministries and victims of sex trafficking.
- Host a beLydia gathering at your church
- Attend a beLydia event
- Prayer is the catalyst to make change.